Strokes are the leading cause of long-term disability and can be traumatic from those who have experienced them. There can be changes in abilities, mood, and attitudes. Your loved one may have difficulties controlling emotions. Some days you’ll see gains; some days will be frustrating – for both of you. You may not know how to best care for a stroke patient at home. It may be time to seek some support.
Home care services – like the Spring Hills Stroke Recovery Wellness Program – can be extremely beneficial for stroke patients, not only for pain management and recovery but for maintaining independence and self-esteem. Our expert caregivers know how to monitor and measure progress, deal with the after effects of a stroke, and help reduce the likelihood of future strokes and injuries that seniors commonly experience. We are also happy to inform and educate you on what is happening to your loved one and how you can help.
Home Care and Management for Elderly Stroke Patients
Spring Hills takes a holistic approach to senior care because we understand that stroke recovery in elderly patients is more than just a physical improvement of symptoms. Our Stroke Recovery Wellness Program provides your loved one:
- Access to a team of caregivers who are experienced with Stroke Recovery;
- Assistance with their daily lifestyle tasks and activities;
- Durable medical equipment where needed, such as wheelchairs, Hemi canes, and walkers;
- Exercise programs – tailored to your loved one’s needs and preferences – that incorporate stroke recovery exercises and pain management;
- Home assessments and recommendations for home modification to reduce client/caregiver burden.
- Access to the variety of ongoing therapeutic programs at their nearest Spring Hills assisted living facility – activities such as fitness classes (tai chi, stretches, and chair exercises, for example), educational and social opportunities such as art classes and gardening; and
- Ongoing invitations to all events and social gatherings at their nearest Spring Hills facility – as well as access to the lovely landscaped grounds for leisurely, enjoyable walks!
A Holistic Approach to Stroke Recovery with Spring Hills
Caring for a stroke patient isn’t just about giving them the right medicine or looking after their physical needs; it’s about helping them maintain confidence in themselves, empowering them, making them feel healthier physically and emotionally, and keeping them active and social. Our stroke patient care plans reflect this holistic approach.
At Spring Hills, we recognize that health is not just physical, but emotional and mental as well. Contact us for more information on how we can help your loved one recover from a stroke.