Positive Consumer Ratings Led to This Industry-Leading Distinction from Caring.com
For the third time, Spring Hills Mt. Vernon Assisted Living, and for the first time, Spring Hills Singing Woods Assisted Living have been selected as a “Caring Star” of 2017 for service excellence in assisted living and memory care. In ratings and reviews from family caregivers and cognitively healthy older adults, Spring Hills Mt. Vernon and Singing Woods, Spring Hills Senior Communities communities, earned a 5-star consumer rating (the highest possible score) within the last year, while also having a high volume of positive reviews and meeting other qualifying criteria for this national honor. Spring Hills Mt. Vernon is the only assisted living or memory care community in Fairfax County, Virginia to be named Caring Stars this year and is among only five in the state. Spring Hills Singing Woods is the only assisted living or memory care community in Montgomery County, Ohio to be named a Caring Star this year and is among only four in the state.
Spring Hills Mt. Vernon and Singing Woods pride themselves on the relationships they work to build with the residents and their families. Thomas Clarke, Executive Director at Spring Hills Mt. Vernon said, “We strive daily to deliver high-quality care for our residents. We also work just as hard to ensure that there is open communication with their families. This award helps validate our delivery on that promise.” Deirdre Middlestetter, Executive Director at Spring Hills Singing Woods continued, “On behalf of our community staff and leadership, thank you to those who shared positive feedback about the services we offer, and to Caring.com for recognizing us as a Caring Star of 2017.”
Alexander Markowits, President/CEO of Spring Hills Senior Communities, is happy to see Spring Hills Mt. Vernon and Singing Woods receive this award. “Throughout our company, we stress the importance of having excellent communication with residents and families. This recognition is an endorsement of our outstanding staff and how they accomplish this goal. I’m very proud of everyone at Spring Hills Mt. Vernon and Singing Woods.”
Americans are increasingly seeking insights provided by online reviews to help guide important senior care decisions for aging or ailing loved ones. In multiple Caring.com research studies, the majority of family caregivers have indicated that they turn to the Internet and consumer reviews when researching senior living communities, and have relied on these perspectives more so than in-person recommendations from geriatric professionals or medical personnel. Now entering its sixth year, the Caring Stars annual list helps consumers reliably narrow senior living options for their loved ones to the most-acclaimed communities – particularly as they gather for the holidays and discover increased or urgent senior care needs.
“Congratulations to Spring Hills Mt. Vernon and Singing Woods Assisted Livings for achieving this award after earning accolades from residents and their loved ones on Caring.com,” said Karen Cassel, Caring.com CEO. “This important milestone speaks volumes about the positive difference Spring Hills Mt. Vernon and Singing Woods are making in serving older adults, and we join with the local community in celebrating their accomplishment.
Some of the positive feedback that led to Spring Hills Mt. Vernon Assisted Living being a Caring Star of 2017 includes:
- “Spring Hills [Mt. Vernon] is clean, the workers are outstanding, and not only loving and caring for my wife, but they’re also concerned with my emotional state of mind. They’re magnificent…”
- “…the transition was made pleasant by the wonderful staff at Spring Hill Mount Vernon. The staff was amazingly transparent with the whole process and provided us with plenty of information… I have never been in such a facility that felt so homey and clean… I felt extremely comfortable leaving my mother in the care of this place and would recommend it to others without a doubt.”
- “… We even got to eat there during lunch time and it was amazing to see that the food quality was superior to even what I make at home myself. The place was clean, brightly lit and seemed to have gone through new renovations. Keep up the good work!”
Some of the positive feedback that led to Spring Hills Singing Woods Assisted Living being a Caring Star of 2017 includes:
- “It’s a wonderful place. The staff is extremely helpful, and totally available. Whenever you need them they tried to make him feel comfortable. The food is delicious, and lots of activities if you want to participate in them. Just a wonderful place.”
- “I’m very happy with [my sister’s] care. She is happy… The staff was so helpful getting us in and settled.”
- “The employees [at Spring Hills Singing Woods] are beautiful and wonderful people. They don’t act like they are doing a job, but fulfilling a life’s passion. I can’t say enough about what it meant to me knowing Mom was in such good hands. I will be forever grateful to each and every one of them for the part they played in giving my family and me peace of mind and giving my Mom peace and comfort during the end of her family.”
Read the full text of these reviews and others on Caring.com: https://www.caring.com/local/assisted-living-facilities-in-alexandria-virginia/spring-hills-mount-vernon and https://www.caring.com/local/assisted-living-facilities-in-dayton-ohio/spring-hills-singing-woods. To learn more about the Caring Stars program and view the complete winner list, please visit: https://www.caring.com/bestseniorliving.
Spring Hills Mt. Vernon and Singing Woods provides premier assisted living and memory care with the finest amenities. For additional information visit www.spring-hills.com.
About Spring Hills Senior Communities & Memory Care Communities:
All Spring Hills Senior Communities’, Home Care Services, Assisted Living Communities and Poet’s Walk Memory Care Communities offer a distinctive and innovative approach to home care services, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s care as led by Alexander Markowits, President/CEO. Signature Touches is the company’s holistic approach to offering individualized care and services that are designed to meet the needs and preferences of residents and clients. Personal choice is top priority in one of the company’s eight Spring Hills assisted living communities or in client’s homes with Spring Hills home care services located in NJ, VA, OH and FL, or in one of the company’s Poet’s Walk memory care communities located in TX and soon-to-be NV. For more information about their Caring with a Commitment to Quality dedication to senior living, visit www.spring-hills.com or www.poetswalk-springhills.com.
With three million unique visitors to its website monthly, Caring.com is a leading senior care resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. A Bankrate company headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Caring.com provides helpful caregiving content, online support groups, and a comprehensive Senior Care Directory for the United States, with nearly 100,000 consumer ratings and reviews and a toll-free senior living referral line at (800) 325-8591. Connect with Caring.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or YouTube.