Princeton, NJ (November 27, 2019) – The holidays are a joyous time filled with love. But when someone moves into a post-acute care facility or an assisted living community, they can be fearful that they’ll miss their traditions. Atrium Post Acute Care of Princeton and Atrium Senior Living of Princeton works to ensure that their patient and residents enjoy traditional, meaningful, and joyous holidays through many special celebrations, events and activities. Through a Thanksgiving dinner featuring a traditional menu with all the fixings, Christmas Tree decorating, Hanukah Menorah lighting and giving back to the community, Atrium Post Acute Care of Princeton and Atrium Senior Living of Princeton features many opportunities for residents and patients to participate in a variety of activities and programs throughout the season.
Christiana Enworom, Administrator of Atrium Post Acute Care of Princeton, said “We understand that this time of year can be a difficult time for our patients as they take the time they need to heal. We take great care in supporting our patients through this time.” Erio Rosario, Interim Executive Director at Atrium Senior Living of Princeton, continues, “We plan a wide variety of programming so that they can celebrate the holidays as they wish—whether it be to help with decorations, give back through community service, or plan and attend a party.” Alexander Markowits, President/CEO of Spring Hills Senior Communities, continues, “We prioritize the happiness, health, and well-being of our patients and residents all year round. But at the holidays, we take special care to ensure that they feel loved and cherished, and that they have the ability to choose how they wish to celebrate with plenty of options to meet all preferences and needs.”
Some of the holiday celebrations at both Atrium Post Acute Care of Princeton and Atrium Senior Living of Princeton, as well as its sister communities include:
- Full Thanksgiving Dinner with Family and Friends in advance of Thanksgiving
- Family Fun Day Pumpkin Pie Social
- A “Tree of Thanks” where residents, staff and loved ones can write what they are thankful for this holiday season on a leaf ornament and hang it on the tree
- The community Women’s Club organizes a Turley Drive to donate to the local food pantry
- Tree trimming party, in which families are invited to help decorate, drink eggnog, sing carols, and have a ceremonial lighting of the tree
- Menorah Lighting each night of Hanukah
- Ugly sweater contests
- Local students coming to sing carols to and with the residents
- Children visiting the residents to make crafts for decorating and for donating
- Collecting toys for children in need in partnership with organizations like Toys for Tots
- Collecting toiletries to be donated to National Guard members serving overseas
- Assembling care packages for the homeless
- Making and donating items to animal shelters for animals who have been rescued from wildfires and other disasters
Atrium Post Acute Care of Princeton is located at 5000 Windrow Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540. For more information, call (609) 987-1221. Atrium Senior Living of Princeton is located at 1000 Windrow Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540 and can be reached at (609) 514-9111.
About Atrium Health & Senior Living:
Atrium Health & Senior Living, managed by Spring Hills Senior Communities, is above all a family, helping patients at every stage in the health care continuum. We enhance the recovery of our patients through our unwavering dedication to supporting every stage of rehabilitation. Knowing one size never fits all when it comes to care plans, we respect every person’s individuality, and tailor care to their needs.
About Spring Hills Senior Communities & Memory Care Communities:
All Spring Hills Senior Communities, Home Care Services, Assisted Living Communities and Poet’s Walk Memory Care Communities offer a distinctive and innovative approach to home care services, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s care as led by Alexander Markowits, President/CEO. Signature Touches is the company’s holistic approach to offering individualized care and services that are designed to meet the needs and preferences of residents and clients. Personal choice is top priority in one of the company’s Spring Hills assisted living communities or in client’s homes with Spring Hills home care services located in NJ, VA, OH, FL, TX and NV, or in one of the company’s Poet’s Walk memory care communities located in in TX, VA, NV and FL. For more information about their Caring with a Commitment to Quality dedication to senior living, visit www.spring-hills.com or www.poetswalk-springhills.com.