Alexandria, VA (February 11, 2020) – Spring Hills Mt. Vernon Assisted Living promotes cardiovascular health for all of its residents through comprehensive events including physical activity, nutrition, and mindfulness. These activities are part of thoughtful analysis applied to the compassionate care that is Spring Hills’s Signature Touches which encourages health, wellness and peace of mind for total well-being. By focusing on specific needs and desires, it allows Spring Hills to design community services that enhance quality of life, engage residents in new experiences and more.
Thomas Clarke, Executive Director at Spring Hills Mt. Vernon, explains, “Cardiovascular health at every age is critical to living a full and happy life. We recognize this here at Spring Hills, and we make sure that our residents have every opportunity to optimize their heart health with innovative, enjoyable, accessible activities. We offer traditional events such as fitness and nutrition to improve our residents’ health. We also recognize that stress is a causal factor in many heart issues, so we integrate progressive methods such as mindfulness and pet therapy to help our residents relax.”
Alexander Markowits, President/CEO of Spring Hills Senior Communities, adds, “Our priority is always the optimal health of our residents. By providing these innovative heart health activities, encouraging participation, and celebrating success, we enable our residents to live to their fullest potential.”
One of the cornerstones of the engagement program focuses on regular movement and effective physical activity. Giving the residents choices in how they remain heart healthy is another way to ensure they will participate in activities. The activities range from daily exercise presented at appropriate levels to simply keeping the residents moving.
Spring Hills offers the following activities as part of the goal to offer Heart Healthy activities:
- Daily exercise for life including Morning Movement, Workout Wonders and Eye Opener Exercise
- Activities that require physical movement including Playground Pass & Kick, Horseshoes, Bocce Ball, Jumbo Bowling
- Stimulating live entertainment that encourages laughing, cheering and singing as well as movement in the physical extremities: arm swinging, hand clapping and dancing
- Zumba, a fun and energizing cardio workout that reduces blood pressure and bad cholesterol, while boosting good cholesterol and endorphins.
- Tai Chi, which enhances oxygen uptake and through its deep breathing component and improves mobility through the movement aspects of the program. Tai chi has also been shown to elevate the mood and reduce stress.
- Yoga and Chair Yoga for those unable to stand
- Exercise Physiology
- Walking club
- Pet therapy, which has been shown to boost heart health by reducing stress, and lowering cholesterol and triglycerides
- Weekly sip and paint, a relaxing, social activity that provides a creative outlet
- Nutritional dining options including Farm to Table options that the residents help with growing on site
About Spring Hills Mt. Vernon Assisted Living:
Spring Hills Mt. Vernon, located at 3709 Shannons Green Way in Alexandria, provides premier assisted living and memory care with the finest amenities in the Northern Virginia/Washington, DC area. For additional information visit www.springhillsmountvernon.com.
About Spring Hills Senior Communities & Memory Care Communities:
All Spring Hills Senior Communities, Home Care Services, Assisted Living Communities, Poet’s Walk Memory Care Communities and Atrium Health & Senior Living Communities offer a distinctive and innovative approach to home care services, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s care as led by Alexander Markowits, President/CEO. Signature Touches is the company’s holistic approach to offering individualized care and services that are designed to meet the needs and preferences of residents and clients. Personal choice is top priority in one of the company’s Spring Hills assisted living communities or in client’s homes with Spring Hills home care services located in NJ, VA, OH, FL, TX and NV, or in one of the company’s Poet’s Walk memory care communities located in in TX, VA, NV and FL. For more information about their Caring with a Commitment to Quality dedication to senior living, visit www.spring-hills.com or www.poetswalk-springhills.com.