Five Veterans from Spring Hills Cherry Hill Assisted Living received a Camden County Military Service Medal from the Cherry Hill Township. They were among 18 Veterans receiving this honor, hosted by the Cherry Hill Super Seniors. The Spring Hills Cherry Hill senior residents who will received this honor are:
(names below are left to right)
- Edwin Greenfield, a Corporal, served 20 years in the Army
- Harry Alberti, 3rd Class Petty Office, served three years in the Navy
- Max Richter, 2nd Class Petty Office, served three years in the Navy
- Stanley Woyshner, a Corporal, served 3 years in the Marines
- Anthony Perrell, Private 1st Class, served eight years in the Army and Reserves
Janice Walker-White, President of the Cherry Hill Super Seniors, kicked off the program. It was followed by an invocation by Medal recipient Ron White who also led the attendees in the pledge of allegiance and the singing of the National Anthem. Councilwoman Melinda Kane, a Gold Star Mother herself, gave remarks to the group before Lt. Col. Al Bancroft and Reverend Floyd L. White III, the Director of Camden County Veterans Affairs, gave the medals. In addition to the Camden County Military Service Medal, some veterans also received the Korean War Service Medal. The medal ceremony was closed by Irv Herman, Cherry Hill Super Seniors Trustee, and Janice Walker-White.
The Spring Hills’ recipients’ families and friends joined them at this celebration which included a reception after the ceremony.
Check out the full photo album on Facebook!