Spring Hills Signature Dining Recipes – Grilled Lamb Chops with Tomatillo Mint Chutney
As part Spring Hills Seniors Communities‘ Signature Touches, we have been leading the way in farm to table freshness in our Signature Dining program dating back to 2010 with our first Spring Hills Community Garden. Chef Craig King worked with Spring Hills to develop our sustainable gardens and extensive menu to delight the pallets of our seniors while giving them the most nutrient rich ingredients to nourish their bodies. The community garden has been part of our resident’s culture ever since, allowing them the opportunity to help harvest the ingredients going into the well balanced meals they are served every day. From herbs to bananas, Spring Hills Assisted Living and Spring Cottage memory care residents enjoy the freshest foods. Enjoy this delicious meal in your home or at one of our senior living communities!
Recipe By: DDS in Mount Vernon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ ounce salt
- ½ ounce cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 10 lamb loin chops (6 oz. each)
Tomatillo Mint Chutney:
- 1 tomatillo – chopped
- 1 ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon green chili
- 1 teaspoon Jeera seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 tablespoon mixed nuts (optional)
- Put all chutney ingredients in food processor/blender and chop on low for about 30 seconds, until combined. Keep half of chutney to use as marinade; save remaining half of chutney to use as garnish (keep chutney refrigerated until serving).
- Press both sides of lamb chops with chutney and let marinate in chutney for at least 24 hours.
- Once lamb chops have marinated, heat griddle or grill top to 400 degrees F. Brush lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb chops on hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F for medium rare, 160 degrees F for medium.
- Top each lamb chop with spoonful of warmed tomatillo mint chutney before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with brown rice and vegetable of choice.
Per Serving – Total of 10 (excluding unknown items): 356 Calories; 31g Fat (78.9% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 333mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 5 Fat.