Spring Hills Signature Dining Beef Kebabs Recipe
As part of Spring Hills Senior Communities fresh approach to senior living, farm-to-table meals are key to nourishing the bodies of senior residents. Unlike most assisted livings, Spring Hills grows and harvests their own, fresh ingredients, such as tomatoes and peppers to incorporate in nutritious and delicious recipes. This kind of horticulture therapy helps to decrease stress, keep minds focused, and adds value to seniors to be part of something that benefits the community around them. This simple yet satisfying meal can be made at home, by Spring Hills Home Care Services caregivers, or at one Spring Hills Assisted Living or Poet’s Walk Memory Care Communities.
Beef Kebabs Servings: 5 Recipe By: Jonathan Vukusich, Director of Dinging Services in Spring Hills Somerset Assisted Living in Somerset, NJ.
- 1 (1-pound) beef tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper – cut into 20 squares
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 small mushrooms
- 2 small yellow squash – cut into 10 slices
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill. Cut meat into 20 (3/4 inch) cubes. Sprinkle soy sauce over meat.
- Thread meat, bell pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms and squash alternately onto 5 (12 inch) skewers. Sprinkle evenly with black pepper.
- Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill, uncovered, 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning once. (Tip: If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water 30 minutes before threading to keep them from burning during grilling.)
Serving Suggestion: Serve with brown rice.
Nutritional Analysis: Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 291 Calories; 21g Fat (65.7% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 130mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.