Being faced with the task of finding a memory care facility isn’t easy. From comfortable amenities to versatile recreation activities, each senior living community is different and offers varying philosophies of care. Spring Hills is cognizant of the unique concerns that seniors and their loved ones face when searching for a facility and strive to make the process as seamless as possible. As you begin your search, consider keeping the following 10 questions to ask a memory care facility in your back pocket to ensure a great fit.
Memory Care Interview Questions
- What experience does your facility have in caring for patients with [your loved one’s condition]?
- Are your staff members fully trained in CPR, the Heimlich maneuver, and other first aid techniques?
- What steps do your caregivers take when faced with an episode of severe confusion or agitation?
- What is the ratio of staff members to residents both during the day and at night, as well as on weekends and holidays?
- How would you describe the dietary regiment for your patients? How do you handle individuals with special dietary restrictions (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, etc.)?
- What kinds of social and therapy activities do you offer residents and how frequently are these activities available?
- What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of senior memory care?
- How do you involve family members in a resident’s care programs?
- How do you document and record the daily care activities and medication administration for each patient?
- What do you believe are the most beneficial aspects of your care program?
Discover Memory Care at Spring Hills
When choosing a senior care facility it is important to carefully evaluate your options. Through the responses you receive, you will gain a deeper understanding of what the facility has to offer and their approach to memory care. At Spring Hills, our team of caregivers is committed to providing tailored services and amenities that meet the unique needs and preferences of each resident. This dedication has helped us to become leaders in senior living.
We’re proud to offer a team of caregivers trained in memory care and healthy senior living. Contact us today to meet our team and to explore the welcoming environment of our memory care assisted living facilities.